- Difference between picture box and image box?
Image box is only used to display images (such as Bitmap), whereas the Picture Box can be used as a container (like a frame control)
The Image Box is more memory efficient than the Picture Box.
- What is the use of messagebox in VB?
- MDI advantages of MDI-Multiple document interface
A multiple document interface (MDI) is a graphical user interface in which multiple windows reside under a single parent window. Such systems often allow child windows to embed other windows inside them as well, creating complex nested hierarchies. This contrasts with single document interfaces (SDI) where all windows are independent of each other.
- An application’s child windows can be hidden/shown/minimized/maximized as a whole.
- Features such as “Tile” and “Cascade” can be implemented for the child windows.
APPLICATIONS OF MDI:-
- Internet Explorer 6
- Visual Studio 6
- Visual Studio .NET
In a Single Document Interface (SDI) application there is only one window in each instance of the application. If you want a second window you start a second complete instance of the application. Switching between windows happens at the operating system level when you switch between applications. In Microsoft Windows this means you that you use the Taskbar to select a different window, as all windows will have an icon in the taskbar.
- Exit control loop and entry control difference:-
Test condition appears at the beginning.
Control variable is counter variable
Each execution occurs by testing condition.
Test condition appears at the end.
Control variable is counter & sentinel variable.
Each execution except the first one occurs by testing condition.
- How to add dialog box to form?
In the Add Resource dialog box, select Dialog in the Resource Type list, then click New. If a plus sign (+) appears next to the Dialog resource type, it means that dialog box templates are available.
When the new project has been created and the default form appears, display the Toolbox and double click on the ToolStrip control to add it to the form.
- Caption properties:-
The Caption property is used to determine the text that will be displayed for an object. Generally, text specified by Caption is static.
An event is a signal that informs an application that something important has occurred.
For example, when a user clicks a control on a form, the form can raise a Click event and call a procedure that handles the event
- MouseDown – occurs when a mouse button is pressed.
- MouseEnter – occurs when the mouse pointer enters the control.
- KeyDown KeyPress KeyUp.
The ScrollBar controls display vertical and horizontal scroll bars on the form. This is used for navigating through large amount of information. There are two types of scroll barcontrols:
- HScrollBar for horizontal scroll bars
- VScrollBar for vertical scroll bars